Sunday, April 24, 2016

Percy Jackson: Book Review

What two reviews in one week why are you doing this I hear you cry? Well I am really running short on time this week so I am just going to make a really quick post about The Percy Jackson series written by Rick Riordan.

If you remember back to my first ever blog post. I basically ranted about why the movie adaptation of this book was so bad. But then I remembered just today I never actually talked about the book and why it was so good. So that is what I am going to be talking about, so strap in. SPOILER WARNING.

I really not going to touch on the plot because you can literally just look that up on Wikipedia. But today I am going to talk about why I thought this book series was amazing. There were three main things I found amazing with the books as a kid. The Action, the Lore, and the story.

First the Action. Man the fight scenes described in these books was amazing and still holds up to this day in my opinion. I draws you in and makes you feel like you are right there with the characters, fighting right by their sides in the heat of battle. It was such a cool thing to me as a kid.

Secondly the Lore. Greek mythology is now my favorite thing to talk to people about because of the Percy Jackson series. It taught me a lot about the Greek gods, and how powerful there were, their personalities, and even what they were able to do in a fun and exciting way.

Finally the thing that always kept me going was the story. A normal every day kid being able to become basically a god was always an insane idea to me. This even affected my childhood and what I and my friends played as kids.

A fourth and minor thing that I am just going to mention is the nostalgia of the books. They kind of take me back to when things were easier, and I didn’t have to worry about writing three blog posts every week.


Well now since that is done I can finally head off to what I need to do. I promise next week that my blogs will be up to the normal quality but this week was show week and I really never had time to write blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment