Saturday, April 16, 2016

Book Review: The Magic Tree House Series

Another book review, Yay!  And again it’s another one of my child hood favorites, Yay! This time we are going to be talking about The Magic Tree House Series. The Magic Tree House is written by Mary Pope Osborne and was and is still one of my favorite child hood book series of all time. The series follows two main characters Jack and Annie who are brother and sister. The story basically revolves around them and their magic tree house, which is basically a time machine. The book series is split into two sections that each follow an over arching theme. So now with that out of the way I 
can now explain why I love this series so much.

First off this is one of the largest book children book series to date. With a total of 54 books in the series so far (I believe the author is writing more but I am not one hundred percent sure yet) and a guess of about 120 pages per book (that stat is a very rough estimate) totals to be about 6,480 pages in the entire series so far. And I can see why since the first book was published back on July 28th, 1992.yes this series is 24 years old, and I love it.

Mary Pope Osborne is an amazing author. From what I remember reading her books as a kid my mind was blown with how much detail and just how immersive the story was. And I am personally just impressed that an author has been able to keep a series going for 24 years and has still kept a pretty solid fan base with it. Another thing I praise Osborne on is how well she is actually able to teach kids things in a fun new exciting way. I mean don’t get me wrong kids love learning things but it does get boring doing the same thing over and over again. So when Osborne is able to teach kids things from history to science to literature is really cool. Don’t believe that she is able to teach history in a fiction story just listen to some of these titles. Dinosaurs before Dark, Mummies in the Morning, Pirates Past Noon, Afternoon on the Amazon, and the list just keeps going.


So if you are looking for a series to get you kids into I would totally recommend The Magic Tree House Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment