Thursday, April 7, 2016

Evolution of Literature

This is another blog that I am completely shocked that I have touched earlier. Writing has been used since the beginning of man, but the use of it has drastically changed over our time span. Don’t believe me, let’s take a trip back in time and see where writing really started.

I am going to start all the way back with cave man. Yes cave art isn’t considered a form of writing but I consider it literature for one main reason. It tells a story. Cave art tells us the story of our ancestors before us and how the communicated.

The first form of writing is dated back to about 3200 BC in Mesopotamia. Back then writing was mainly used for trading and writing down events, but mainly trading.

A few thousand years later (I don’t have an exact date but you can probably google it) writing finally evolved into something new. Writing now was mainly used for treaties, keeping track of history, organization, and yes writing music. Yes writing was a thing back then, they didn’t have electronics to make the music for them.

Finally we get today where writing is used for everything from proving that you were the one to buy something, for writing treaties, keeping track of our history, organization, and still writing music. But then we got something new the computer. The computer has really gotten rid of the necessity of actually writing things down.

So there is the very basic evolution of writing and how it has changed over the years. And as you have seen writing really hasn’t changed a lot over the years. The only things that have changed are what we have written down and where we keep track of our writings.


I do apologize that this is a very short blog, but about half way through writing it I realized that I didn’t really know a lot about the subject that I was writing about, so hopefully I can try to make up for it in the next blog, and liked I had promised you in the last blog I stop my series track. Let’s just hope that doesn’t star back up, (that may or may not be a use foreshadowing) (hint hint). So I will see you guys in the next blog.    

No comments:

Post a Comment