Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Just Why Twilight?

                After hearing about every teen girl at my school yell at each other over Team Jacob or Team Edward I have just about had it with Twilight. I absolutely refused to read those books, even today I still do but this I why did this have to happen. If you don’t know what I am talking about, it is about the new “re-imaging” of Twilight.

Now maybe if the author of Twilight was doing a re-release and was making a new cast of characters to tell maybe the same story from a different view, they could have change the point of view that the story was told from, or even the author could have created a new story in the same universe, any of these I would have been fine with, but this is just stupid. All the author is doing is just taking the original cast and gender swapping every single character. That isn’t “re-imaging” the book, it is basically just taking the same book, throwing a new coat of paint on it and saying it’s a new book.

I personally feel like the author just looked through some ones bad fan fiction of Twilight and said “hey I could make money off of this”, and just went to writing. This is just such a stupid idea. I really don’t want people going around my school screaming which is better, Team Jeanette or Team Emily, and who should truly fall in love with Brad. I just don’t want every single girl in my school obsessed with Twilight all over again.

Oh but there might be something good that comes out of this. What might be entertaining is if this “re-imaging” does well enough and would get a movie deal, (which let’s face it, it most likely will) is seeing a female vampire and werewolf fighting over a human, that would be something even as a hater of Twilight I would pay to see.


So the “re-imaging” of Twilight if you can even call it that, is just such a stupid idea. Like I said the author isn’t changing anything there just putting a new coat of paint on an old book and calling it new. The only thing good that may come out of this, and that is a very, very big may, is a movie because personally I think it would be extremely funny to watch and laugh at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment