Sunday, October 4, 2015

How to Pick a New Book

Picking a new book to read is actually pretty hard. From personal experience I know that feeling after finishing a great you want to find another one and just keep going. But there are so many to choose from how do you know which one to pick. With a wide array of titles and coves it can sometimes be over whelming to find a new book. But I do have a few ideas that might be able to help you out.        
             
     1. Pick a book by the same author your last book was written by.
If you really enjoyed the most recent book that you read than you’re most likely to find that you like more books by the author who wrote it. But be careful this can also be bad because maybe the author only published one or two books, or maybe you didn’t like the last book you read. That’s ok there are still many other options.
               
     2. Ask for other people’s opinions.
Now personally when I don’t know what to read next I go to local library and ask one of the staff workers what she suggests because we have similar interests. But if that’s not the case with you, go ask friends, family, teachers, co-workers, and one really .They can probably come up with a few suggestion for you. Now if somehow all of the books they suggest you don’t like or have already read there is a still an option for you.
               
     3. Do some research.
I know personally when I couldn’t find any books that I hadn’t already read there was one thing I could always do, go to the internet. Seriously just search what kind of books genres you’re into and you can find lists upon lists about books with those kids of genres. But do be careful make sure that if you do use the internet, before you just look at a book with a cool cover and say “oh that likes like a good book” please read what the book is about. I have personally done that once and I truly regretted it.

Like I said picking a new book to read is pretty hard. And yes it still may be overwhelming with the number of choice given to you that you can read. But I do hope that these tips help make it a little easier to find a new book that you might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment