Thursday, October 22, 2015

How to use Passion in Picking Subjects

Another blog that I read this week was “Musical Theater and Other Things”, the title pretty much speaks for itself. One of the blogs the author wrote had to deal with her passion in music and theater and how she used that passion to improve her acting and music skills. After thinking it over a little bit I came to the conclusion that this idea could be used in many more topics including writing.
See when you’re writing you have to know what you’re writing about. I know that sound very redundant but let me explain. When writing you just can’t choose a topic to write about by spinning a wheel and choosing at random. No you have to think and think about it until you finally come to an idea that you know enough about to write something.
Now I know what you are thinking, “how does this have to do with passion in writing?” well as you see passion is crucial thing when coming up for a topic to write about. For an example let’s use writing an essay, and let’s say that when you’re writing this essay you have two choices to pick from as your topic. One of these subjects you are extremely proficient in it, you know the ins and the outs like that back of your hand. But the only the problem is that you don’t really like the subject it doesn’t really interest you. The other topic however you love, you have done it your whole life, since you were a kid you have had a true passion for the subject, the only problem, even though you have that passion you don’t know a lot about it. So there is you problem, now here is the question, which topic do you choose?
Personally I feel like you should pick the topic that you have more passion for. Now I know that may seem stupid because, “you should pick the other subject because you know more about it.” But sometimes knowing more isn’t always a good thing. See personally I would go for the one I have more passion for because even though I don’t know a lot about it I feel that I would write a way better paper then if I had chosen the one I wasn’t that passionate about. The reason why is because if I pick the other subject yes it may have been a more informative one but, for me it would just be a bland and boring paper. Now if I had chosen the subject I was more passionate about, yes it would be less informative, but it would be easier to write because it would be freer flowing and creative.
Now would I say never pick the subject you know more about? No, but I would say try the one you have more passion for first because it just might be easier to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment